exec

Donde Plowman, the Dean of the College of Business Administration, speaks at the Vice Chancellor forum in the Union auditorium on Tuesday Dec. 6, 2016.

Donde Plowman, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s executive vice chancellor and chief academic officer, could step down from her current position if she’s selected to be the chancellor for the University of Tennessee Knoxville.

Plowman is one of four finalists vying for the chancellor spot at the university system’s flagship campus.

Plowman officially became the university’s executive vice chancellor and chief academic officer in 2017. She had served as the College of Business’ dean since 2010, where she led the university’s efforts to raise funds for the new Howard L. Hawks Hall on City Campus. Before coming to Nebraska, Plowman directed the management department at the University of Tennessee.

According to an article in the Lincoln Journal Star, Plowman will host an open forum with Knoxville campus leaders, faculty, staff and students on Tuesday, April 16.

She is competing against three other finalists: Brian Noland, the president Brian Noland, president of East Tennessee State University; William Tate, dean of the Graduate School and vice provost for graduate education at Washington University in St. Louis; and Bill Hardgrave, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at Auburn University.