Moberly

Chancellor Ronnie Green announced Richard Moberly, dean of the University of Nebraska College of Law, will serve as the interim executive vice chancellor and chief academic officer at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

Outgoing Executive Vice Chancellor and Chief Academic Officer Donde Plowman announced on Friday, April 26, that she is leaving UNL to serve as the chancellor for the University of Tennessee Knoxville. While Moberly is serving as the interim, Anna Shavers will become the acting dean of law, according to a Nebraska Today article.  

Moberly will direct the university’s academic enterprise and oversee the nine colleges at UNL, graduate studies and the University Libraries. But the chancellor will take some of the position’s responsibility and oversee the Office of Research and Economic Development, Student Affairs and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, according to Nebraska Today.

“Richard is widely respected on campus and across higher education,” Green said in the article. “He understands our university and is an experienced and decisive leader. I’m excited that Richard has agreed to step into this role because I know he’s going to do a great job.”

Moberly began teaching at UNL in 2004 and has served as the dean of the law school since April 2017. He’s also the Richard C. and Catherine S. Schmoker professor of law.

“I am looking forward to working with Chancellor Green, my fellow deans and the terrific staff in academic affairs to continue the momentum of the university during the search for a new EVC,” Moberly said in the article. “Of course, I will miss being at the College of Law every day, but I know it is in great hands. I look forward to returning to my role when a permanent EVC is on board."