Saturday's game was the 94th consecutive meeting between Kansas and Nebraska, which makes it the longest uninterrupted series in college football. It also was the 106th meeting all-time, which is the third longest. With its 31st-straight win over the Jayhawks, Nebraska now owns an 82-21-3 all-time record.***Kansas stores tried to encourage Jayhawk fans to support their team this week by offering 25 percent off all clothing that wasn't red. Despite their effort, Cornhusker fans still outnumbered Jayhawk fans. But the KU fans were plenty noisy as the Jayhawks were attempting to pull off the upset.***Matt Davison continued to move up the NU all-time charts for receptions and receiving yards. With his six receptions for 108 yards, he now is tied for fifth in receptions with Irving Fryar and 10th in receiving yards. Davison joined Johnny Rodgers as the only juniors to ever reach 1,000 receiving yards.Davison also established a new career-long reception with his 63-yard grab on the first play on the second half. On the season, he leads the team with 24 receptions for 388 yards.***The win over the Jayhawks assures NU that it will have a winning record for the 38th-consecutive year. That streak leads the nation and ranks in a tie with Alabama for the third best all time.***With special teams play-maker Randy Stella home with an injured hamstring, the Huskers were looking for someone else to step up. Gregg List provided that spark. He blocked a Joey Pelfanio punt, which set up NU's first points of the second half. He also had a huge crack block on KU defensive back Chad Coellner that left Coellner laid out on the turf with a concussion.***The Huskers had eight punt returns for a season-best 199 yards. Bobby Newcombe led the way with a 29-yard return in the first half and an 86-yard touchdown return with 2:14 remaining in the third quarter. It was Newcombe's second career return for a touchdown, and NU's first punt return for a touchdown since Joe Walker's 73-yard return against Oklahoma State last year.***Walker also had a big day returning punts. He had six returns for 84 yards, including a season-best 28-yard one.