HUSKER FOOTBALL

-- Despite the loss to Kansas State, Nebraska managed to stay ranked. The Huskers fell to 23rd in both polls, while the Wildcats are ranked 18th in the coaches poll and 19th in the AP Top 25.

-- Sophomore safety Josh Bullocks continued to build upon his NU single-season record interception total Saturday. Bullocks' interception against Kansas State was his 10th of the season and leaves him just four short of the Nebraska career record of 14.

Bullocks nearly had his 12th career interception, but the ball was knocked away by NU defensive end Benard Thomas.

-- Quarterback Jammal Lord climbed from sixth to fifth on NU's all-time career total offense listing.

The senior quarterback's 186 total yards pushed him past Steve Taylor and leaves him with 4,968 total yards, with two games remaining in his career.

-- Saturday's loss to Kansas State was the Huskers' worst loss at Memorial Stadium since they were shutout by Missouri on Nov. 1, 1958.

-- Linebackers Demorrio Williams and Barrett Ruud once again led the Nebraska defense in tackles with 16 and 15, respectively.

The duo became the first to record 100-tackle seasons since Steve Damkroger and Brent Evans both went over the century mark in 1981. Ruud moved from ninth to sixth on the career tackles list, with 264 career tackles.

-- Saturday's victory marked just the second time in the past half century the Wildcats have beaten Nebraska in consecutive years. Kansas State last beat Nebraska two seasons in a row in 1958 and '59. The last two Kansas State wins have come by an average of 32.5 points.