Special Teams (A) â€" Nebraska's special teams unit was the difference in Saturday's win over Kansas State. The Huskers blocked two Kansas State kicks, which ended up being the difference in the final margin. Punter Sam Koch and freshman kicker Jordan Congdon mastered a swirling and unforgiving wind to win the battle of field position with KSU. Congdon showed Saturday why he was considered the top high school kicker in the nation last year.

Youth (A) â€" It was served against Kansas State. At one point, the Nebraska offense had a freshman quarterback throwing passes to a redshirt freshman wide receiver to set up a kick by a freshman kicker that ended up winning the game. The second half of Nebraska's win should give some Nebraska fans confidence in the direction of the program, considering how many young players contributed.

Running Game (D) â€" The once dead Nebraska running game wiggled a toe against Kansas State, finishing with 93 yards on 35 carries, an average of 2.7 yards per carry. But Nebraska ran the ball when it mattered on the team's final drive of the game. Husker ballcarriers struggled to hold onto the ball, with Cory Ross fumbling three times in the contest.

Blackshirts (B) â€" Things looked a little bleak early in the first quarter as Allan Evridge looked like a poor man's Brad Smith. But the Huskers put the clamps on, holding the Wildcats to zero passing yards in the first half and flooding the KSU backfield to the tune of two sacks, 10 quarterback hurries and 12 tackles for losses. They also played tough in the fourth quarter holding KSU to a field goal in the third quarter.