Texas Christian coach Gary Patterson got exactly what he wanted Saturday.No, it wasn't a victory, but the Horned Frogs stood toe-to-toe on the road against the fourth-ranked team in the country in front of a national television audience before falling to Nebraska 21-7."The reason why we took this game, besides national recruiting and national exposure and losing 28 seniors and (All-American LaDanian Tomlinson), is we didn't want people to forget us," Patterson said.Not to worry. It will be a long time before Cornhusker players, coaches and fans can erase the memories of the Frogs' 4-2-5 defense that gave NU's vaunted offensive line fits.TCU's defense, which ranked No. 1 in both points allowed and yards allowed in 2000, held the Huskers to just 159 rushing yards, well below last season's nation-leading average of 349.3 yards per game.It seemed to be business as usual for the NU rushing offense, as it racked up 85 yards and two Thunder Collins jaunts into the end zone during the opening quarter.As if a light switched on, the Horned Frogs stifled the Huskers, keeping them to -20 yards rushing in the second quarter."They settled down," Patterson said of his defense. "We practice against the same kind of offense."Because his team faces a power-running option offense in practice each day, Patterson was afforded the luxury of experimenting with different schemes and attacks.His conclusion?Do what others have been afraid to - blitz, blitz and blitz some more."You have to play Nebraska," Patterson said. "You can't just sit there and zone and play in a base front all of the time. You have to create some lost-yardage plays and for most of the game, we were able to do that."Patterson said strong safety Marvin Godbolt, a redshirt freshman, missed some assignments early on, which allowed Nebraska huge chunks of yards on option plays, leading to the Huskers' first two touchdowns.However, Godbolt, who chose TCU over Nebraska, more than atoned for his miscues.All five of his tackles went for losses, including a second-quarter sack of quarterback Eric Crouch. In all, TCU made 15 tackles behind the line of scrimmage."The first couple of series, I had to get used to the speed of the game," said Godbolt, who was voted TCU's most valuable player of the game. "After that, it just felt good."While the TCU blitzes and slants gave NU fits, the Horned Frogs couldn't find their rhythm offensively. With the Cornhuskers loading up against the run, quarterback Casey Printers, other than his sandlot-like touchdown pass in the first quarter, couldn't make enough plays, let alone sustain any drives.Printers, a junior, completed 10 of 21 passes for 122 yards, 67 of those coming on his TD pass to reserve tight end Matt Schobel on a broken play."We didn't look at them like they were gods that couldn't be beat," Printers said. "We knew we could play with these guys and win the football game."However, Printers tweaked his quadriceps on the TD pass. That essentially took away the option, which Patterson thought his team could use to exploit the Huskers.The Frogs' ground game, its bread and butter last season, could muster only 56 yards.Forced to pass while playing behind an inexperienced offensive line, Printers was sacked only twice but was under pressure countless times. When passing, Printers rolled out to avoid pressure and buy time for his receivers. It didn't always work."Their corners are good," Printers said. "A lot of times, the receivers weren't open, and I tried to make something happen."Afterward, Husker fans gathered in the tunnel leading to the entrance of the visitors' locker room to applaud the effort of the Horned Frogs and their defense."We appreciate that they understand good football," Patterson said. "It's hard to come to Nebraska and hold them to 21 points."