Weekly Events

Art by Grace Orwen 

Monday, Oct. 7

Acoustic Song Swap, Bourbon Theatre, 6 p.m.

Drew Fish, David Adam Byrnes and Kylie Frey take the stage during acoustic song swap. Doors to the theater open at  6 p.m. with music kicking off at 7 p.m. General admission tickets are $7, with a $2 minor fee at the door.

Author Mary Pipher Presents on National Poor People's Campaign, Center for People in Need, 7 p.m.

Author and community activist Mary Pipher will lead a discussion on the National Poor People’s Campaign. Following her presentation is a group discussion about how to build the campaign in Lincoln. The event is free and open to the public.

Tuesday, Oct. 8

UNL Die In, Union Plaza, 12:30 p.m.

Sustain UNL will host a University of Nebraska-Lincoln Die In in correlation to the Nebraska Climate Strikes. During this half hour, students will lay on the ground, as if they are dead, to protest climate change. The event takes place one year after the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released a report discussing the impact of global warming, and placing the world on a 12-year deadline before the damage is irreversible.

Nebraska & Climate Change, White Elm Brewing Co., 5:30 p.m.

Dr. Lucas Sabalka, a senior data scientist for Ocuvera, has always had a passion for the environment. With this talk, he will tackle the issues America is currently facing. His presentation will explore how climate change is impacting Nebraska, proven solutions to address climate change, and what individuals, organizations and governments can do to take action. Attendees can register to reserve a seat online.

Wednesday, Oct. 9

The Producer Classes, The Grid Studio, 7 p.m.

In the second session of The Producer Classes, participants will learn the “tools of the trade” when it comes to production, mixing and recording. Classes are $20 and one must register online to reserve a seat.

Daniel Christian, Miller Time Pub & Grill, 7 p.m.

In this free event hosted by Miller Time Pub & Grill, local musician Daniel Christian will play a free show during Miller Time Live. Attendees can reserve a seat online.

Thursday, Oct. 10

The Descendents with Joyce Manor, Night Birds, Bourbon Theatre, 7 p.m.

The late 70’s punk rock band, The Descendents, makes its way to the Bourbon Theatre. The California band teams up with American rock band Joyce Manor and indie band Night Birds. Doors open at 7 p.m. with music beginning at 8 p.m. Tickets are available here.

Mersiv with Supertask, Darkwood, String Theory, The Royal Grove, 9 p.m.

Mersiv makes a stop at The Royal Grove in part of its “Beautiful and Filthy Tour.” The EDM artist is accompanied by Supertask, Darkwood and String Theory. Tickets are on sale here, and are $15 in advance or $18 the day of the show. 

Friday, Oct. 11

Mustardvision Vol. 4, Bourbon Theatre, 8 p.m.

Mustardvision is a series that strives to exhibit art through light and sound. It aims to redefine one’s visual audio experience through Nebraska’s musicians and technology to create a surreal show. The show is 18+, with tickets on sale here.

The Rocky Horror Show, The TADA Theatre, 7:30 p.m.

The TADA Theatre presents “The Rocky Horror Show,” a fresh theatrical telling of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.” Tickets are $20 for the public and $15 for students.

Saturday, Oct. 12

Skate Art Music Festival, The Bay, 2:30 p.m. 

The Bay brings together skateboarders, artists, musicians and their supporters for this years Skate Art Music Festival. The day begins with free sessions of skateschool and is followed by a skating contest, a gallery of work from local photographers and music curated by local hip-hop artists Conny Franko, Hakim and Ria Gold. The event is free and open to the public.

Rascal Martinez, Crescent Moon, 8 p.m.

Folk rock musician Rascal Martinez is set to play at Crescent Moon Saturday night. Martinez, a Nebraska native, has made a name for himself in the folk rock scene with his trademark raspy voice. The event is free and open to the public. 

Sunday, Oct 13

October Brunch, Le Quartier Baking Company, 9 a.m.

Le Quartier is back with another monthly brunch. This month’s menu will feature Applewood bacon, breakfast hash, Baker's breakfast, scrambled eggs and spinach artichoke boule. It will cost $14 for adults and $8 for children.

Big Red Singers and Guests Exhibition Performance, Kimball Recital Hall, 7:30 p.m.

Nebraska’s Big Red Singers is an ensemble featuring some of the university’s finest musicians. A variety of different music majors come together in this 18-member choir group. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students and seniors.