Weekly events

Monday, Nov. 11

Veterans Day Breakfast, Hy-Vee, 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.

All veterans and active military members are welcome to come and enjoy a free breakfast at Hy-Vee. The breakfast helps to support Hy-Vee’s Homefront Initiative, which aims to salute our veterans as well as provide special services to veterans and their families.

Beer Hall Bingo, Zipline Brewing Co., 6 p.m.

Test your luck at a few rounds of Monday Night Bingo, hosted by Zipline Brewing Co. at its location on 5740 Hidcote Dr. Ste B. Bingo is free to all, and prizes from Zipline Brewing Co. will be given out as well. Don’t dismay if you don’t rake it in this week — bingo nights are a weekly affair.

Tuesday, Nov. 12

Irving Berlin’s White Christmas, Lied Center for Performing Arts, 7:30 p.m.

This holiday season, relive some holiday magic with a performance of White Christmas, filled with classic Christmas songs. This play follows the story of a performers’ group putting on a show in a charming Vermont inn, while simultaneously falling for another act performing at the venue. Tickets may be purchased from the Lied Center, in person or online, and are half-price for UNL students.

Trivia Tuesday, SchillingBridge Cork & Tap House, 7 p.m.

Escape the chilly weather for a night indoors spent in friendly competition during Tuesday night trivia, hosted by SchillingBridge Cork & Tap House. Round up a team of five players and compete in three rounds of trivia.

Wednesday, Nov. 13

Top Girls, Lied Center for Performing Arts, 7:30 p.m.

Caryl Churchill’s Top Girls is a dark comedy that focuses on women who become successful by taking on the worst traits of similarly successful self-made men. Tickets are $18 regular, $14 for seniors and $10 for youth and students, and can be purchased online

Board Game Night, HobbyTown, 5:30 p.m.

All board game enthusiasts are invited to attend Board Game Night at the South Lincoln HobbyTown. HobbyTown offers a chance to play your favorite games, learn a new one and socialize with other board game lovers. Participants are free to bring their own games from home, or borrow one from HobbyTown’s own extensive board game collection.

Thursday, Nov. 14

Art for Autism – Hip Hop Edition, The Royal Grove, 7 p.m. to midnight

We Family Productions presents this all-ages hip-hop concert event at The Royal Grove. All proceeds will go to the Heart in Hands Developmental Center, a local nonprofit that provides a sensory-friendly learning environment for children that may struggle in traditional childcare centers. Doors open at 7 p.m., and tickets are $10 in advance or at the door.

The Glass Menagerie, Lied Center for Performing Arts, 7:30 p.m.

One of the twentieth century’s classic plays, The Glass Menagerie,returns. The play follows the Wingfield family, told through the memories of Tom Wingfield. Tickets are available at the Lied Center box office or online

Friday, Nov. 15

UPC Presents: Gabby Rivera, City Campus Union Auditorium, 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Gabby Rivera, a writer for Marvel Comics who has written Marvel’s first LGBTQA+ and Latinx character, will be giving a talk on how she takes on the world as a queer person of color, and how to uplift and encourage others from diverse backgrounds while celebrating differences. Rivera’s event is free for students and $5 for the general public.

Skate Night, John Breslow Ice Hockey Center, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Start enjoying Nebraska’s wintry weather at skate night hosted by UNL Campus Recreation. Skate night admission is free for UNL students with their NCard and $6 for the general public, and all attendees will be charged a $3 skate rental fee.

Saturday, Nov. 16

Holiday Makers Market, The Art Hub, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. 

The South of Downtown Art Hub’s Makers Market is aimed to support local creators as well as serve as a spot for some holiday shopping. This month, the market will feature 15 makers with pieces ranging from prints, to woodwork and jewelry. There will also be local Cajun and Creole, as well as vegan and vegetarian cuisine. Admission is free and open to the public.

Saturday with our Naturalist, Pioneers Park Nature Center, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.

Nature lovers of any age are invited to take a walk with a naturalist to explore the outdoors and learn about plants, insects, animals and more at Pioneers Park. Participants must register by Nov. 13, and children are required to be accompanied by an adult. Cost is $5 for everyone. 

Sunday, Nov. 17

Comedian Marty DeRosa, The Zoo Bar, 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

The Zoo Bar is set to host Chicago comedian Marty DeRosa, creator of a number one comedy album on iTunes and critically acclaimed podcast, “Wrestling with Depression.” DeRosa performs all over the country and will be stopping in Lincoln to perform a stand-up set. Tickets are $10. 

Holiday Harvest Farmers Market, 2608 Park Blvd., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Shop and explore late-season produce from local vendors, get a jump start on holiday gift shopping and enjoy some of the remaining fall weather at the Holiday Harvest Farmers Market. There is no cost of admission, but all items will be available for purchase.