Weekly Events Art Nov. 18-24

Monday, Nov. 18

Brian Regan, Lied Center for Performing Arts, 7:30 p.m.

Anointed by Vanity Fair as “The funniest stand-up alive,” comedian Brian Regan brings his sarcasm and wit to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Lied Center for Performing Arts. Back by popular demand after a successful sold-out show in 2016, the seasoned comedian will make you laugh out loud all night on Nov. 18. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available on the Lied Center website

Holiday Ornament Workshop, The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel, 6 p.m to 8 p.m.

Local artist Wendy Jane Bantam will be teaching a comprehensive workshop on how to make Christmas ornaments. Attendees can select from a ceramic or fabric base and learn painting skills to create their very own holiday craft. Tickets are available on the event’s Facebook page and are limited to 20 participants. 

Tuesday, Nov. 19

Pet Pictures with Santa, Camp Bow Wow Lincoln, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Gift your friends and family with adorable holiday cards featuring your favorite furry friend and Santa Claus. To sign your pet up for a festive photoshoot, give Camp Bow Wow Lincoln a call at 402-474-9663. Photos begin at 5 p.m. at Camp Bow Wow Lincoln. 

Study at the Sheldon, Sheldon Museum of Art, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.

On Nov. 19, the tranquil expanses of the Sheldon Museum of Art’s Great Hall will provide an area for students to study. The Sheldon is inviting students to study with friends among the galleries and encouraging students to fuel up on snacks and complimentary coffee provided by The Coffee House. 

Wednesday, Nov. 20

Latino Art Now!, Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Join the UNL Mexican American Student Association at the Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center for a cultural art exhibition that supports local Latino artists. During the exhibition, there will be an open mic portion for UNL Latino community members to showcase poetry, prose, music and other talents they wish to showcase. The event begins at 5:30 p.m. and is free and open to the public.

Free Pizza Night feat. Ramos Pizza, Kinkaider Brewing Co., 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Stop by Kinkaider Brewing Co. for a free slice of Ramos pizza with every pint purchased. Kinkaider Brewing Co. is a farm craft brewing company that finds its base in Broken Bow, Nebraska, and in the Haymarket. Enjoy a laid-back ambiance with free pizza and craft beer for every patron. You must be 21 or older to participate. 

Thursday, Nov. 21

Good Vibes, Yoga & Live Music, Lotus House of Yoga, 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.

Join yoga instructor Melanie Kluever and Kevin Paris for a high vibrational yogic experience juxtaposed to live music at Lotus House of Yoga. Kluever will guide participants through a peaceful vinyasa set to the music of Los Angeles-based singer-songwriter Kevin Paris. Tickets are available online.

Fancy & Fun DIY Gift Wrap Workshop, Gateway Mall Food Court, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Get fancy with a comprehensive workshop on gift-wrapping presents. Surrounded with ribbons, bows, glitter and holiday treats, participants will be taken through various strategies in taking their holiday wrapping game to the next level of fancy. Registration is available online, and all wrapping supplies will be provided. The gift wrap experience will be located next to Firestone Pizza in the Gateway Mall food court.

Friday, Nov. 22

Piecing Together the Past Exhibit Opening, Nebraska History Museum, 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Join the Nebraska History Museum on Nov. 22 for a free event celebrating the opening of a new exhibit, “Piecing Together The Past: Exploring 13,000 Years of History with Nebraska’s Archeologists.” The exhibit focuses on Nebraska's past through the lens of archeological discoveries. The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with speeches from Rob Bozell, Lynne Ireland and Lance Foster. Afterward, attendees of this free event will receive a tour of the exhibit, followed by refreshments provided by the museum. 

Sixth Annual Art Market, International Quilt Museum, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Embark on some fun, artisanal Christmas shopping with Friends of the International Quilt Museum and local artists on Nov. 22. From 1-7 p.m., attendees can shop locally made crafts, such as ceramics and ornaments, at this art market. Admission is free, and credit cards are accepted at various booths. 

Saturday, Nov. 23

Josh Abbott Band with Sack of Lions, Bucka Ruse, The Bourbon Theatre, 7 p.m.

Join three twang-inspired bands: Josh Abbot Band, Sack of Lions and Bucka Ruse at The Bourbon Theatre on Saturday evening for a night full of grit and soulful music. Complemented by the seedy concert ambiance, the performance is sure to add a bit of gitty-up to your night. Tickets are still available for all ages online. Doors open at 7 p.m. and music starts at 8 p.m. 

Sound Alchemy Play Shop, Milkweed Yoga, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Join local new-age musicians, Astara and Orion of Illuminating Hearts, at Milkweed Yoga Studio and Event Space. Participants will be able to transcend daily stressors with yogic movements and innovative sound therapy during the Sound Alchemy Play Shop. Learn how to welcome positive energy into your life while learning about the Sound Alchemy. Tickets are available online. Space is limited, and check-in time is at 1:45 p.m.

Sunday, Nov. 24

Queer Inclusive Yoga, Out Nebraska, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Join Out Nebraska in a tranquil afternoon of inclusive yoga. All levels of yoga experience are welcome. The free class will be led by John Turnquist and will begin at 3 p.m. It is encouraged for participants to bring their own towel and/or yoga mat. 

4th Annual NovemBEARD, Turbine Flats, noon to 4 p.m.

No-shave November takes an artistic approach for a good cause with the 4th Annual NovemBEARD event. With this event, participants can help raise money for the American Cancer Society. Beard owners are welcome to arrive between the times of noon to 4 p.m. on Nov. 24. Drinks and beard trims are offered with admission, followed by participants filling their beards with floral arrangements for the sake of charity. Reserve a time online, and pamper yourself for a good cause.