Dec. 2-8

Monday, Dec. 2

AI and Data-Driven Innovation Meetup, The Mill Coffee & Bistro, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.  

This event provides an opportunity to learn more about artificial intelligence, robotics and all emerging media technology. Meet with others who are interested and who are leading in the AI technology industry while slurping down some coffee.

Writers’ Night: Open Mic, Crescent Moon Coffee, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Crescent Moon is set to host an open mic night for all aspiring poetry and prose writers.  Sign up begins at 7 p.m. and a purchase is required to participate. The event is open to the public.

Tuesday, Dec. 3

Social Dance Lessons, Nebraska Union Ballroom, 9 p.m. to 11 p.m 

Anyone wanting to learn how to ballroom dance has the opportunity to join the Ballroom Dance Club for weekly sessions. Participants can learn dances such as the tango, cha-cha and waltz from members of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Ballroom Dance Company. No prior experience is needed, and admission is free. 

Undergraduate Jazz Combos Performance, Westbrook Music Building, 7:30 p.m. 

Undergraduate students of the Glenn Korff School of Music will be hosting a public performance to feature four of their talented jazz combos. The event is free and open to the public.

Wednesday, Dec. 4

Cornhusker Marching Band Highlights Concert, Lied Center for Performing Arts, 7:30 p.m.

For all fans of UNL’s marching band, this event is set to highlight all of this season’s football halftime songs such as “Dear Old Nebraska U.” Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for students and seniors.

A Christmas Celebration in Lincoln, Rococo Theatre, 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. 

Join Jim Brickman, an acclaimed pianist, as he fills the Rococo with holiday cheer by performing classic holiday carols. Brickman will have shows on both Dec. 4 and 5. Ticket prices range from $42 to $62 and can be purchased online.

Thursday, Dec. 5

Huskers Abroad Day, City Campus and East Campus, 9 a.m to 5 p.m.

Education Abroad coordinators and students will be stationed around UNL’s City Campus and East Campus to provide information about and experiences with the numerous study abroad programs. They will also give tips on what is needed for students who are interested in studying abroad.

An Evening of Cello Performance, Westbrook Music Building, 5:30 p.m.

Student soloists and the Nebraska Cello Choir will be performing a variety of timeless pieces from artists such as Peter Schickele. The event is free and open to the public.

Friday, Dec. 6

Gingerbread House Competition, Nebraska Union Ballroom, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. 

Student Involvement invites students to come and create a gingerbread house and partake in a competition to see who can create the best gingerbread house. This event is free for those with a NCard or an EventPass.

Student Dance Project, Temple Building, 7:30 p.m. 

Directed by Susan Ourada, the public will be able to see the original choreography of the dance students of the Glenn Korff School of Music. The event will take place on both Dec. 6 and 7, and admission is $5 for students and $10 for the general public 

Saturday, Dec. 7

Railyard Ice Rink Grand Opening, The Railyard Ice Rink, noon 

Come and experience some holiday cheer at the grand opening of The Railyard Ice Rink in downtown Lincoln. One can glide across the shimmering ice with skates that cost between $5 and $10 to rent.  

Innovation Studio Maker Fair, Nebraska Innovation Campus, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Come and see what handmade craft makers from the Nebraska Innovation Campus have created for the second annual Innovation Studio Maker Fair. This event is great for anyone looking for particular holiday decor to hang in their homes.  

Sunday, Dec. 8

Grinch Fest 2019, Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema, noon to 2 p.m.

This year, Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema is set to host Grinch Fest 2019 to fundraise for the Foodbank of Lincoln. This year will feature the 2018 adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ “The Grinch.” Entry is free with a donation of five or more canned food items per person. Attendees will also be able to get photos with Santa and the Grinch. 

Welcome All Wonders Performance, Newman Center Church, 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Five UNL choirs will be having a holiday concert for the public Saturday night. All ensembles will perform familiar holiday carols as well as songs from all over the world. In addition, there will be chances for the audience to sing along. This event is free and open to the public.