Weekly Events

Monday, Dec. 9

Ganja White Night with Boogie T, Jantsen and SubDocta, Bourbon Theatre, 7 p.m.

Hailing from Mons, Belgium, the hip-hop group Ganja White night is set to perform at the Bourbon Theatre. Accompanied by dubstep artists Boogie T, Jantsen and SubDocta, attendees are in for a night of funk. Tickets cost $35, and the show is for ages 16 and up.

Campus Orchestra Performance, Kimball Recital Hall, 7:30 p.m.

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Campus Orchestra is set to perform “To Sing and Dance,” a rhythmic collection of pieces from various composers and featuring a performance from members of the UNL Percussion Program. The Campus Orchestra showcases talent from non-music majors and students from a variety of departments. The upcoming event will be held inside Kimball Recital Hall and is open to students as well as the general public. General admission is $5 and student admission is $3.

Tuesday, Dec. 10

Latina Discussion and Support, Nebraska Union, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.

A free discussion held in the Women’s Center inside the Nebraska Union will address problems Latina women on UNL’s campus may face. The support group aims to empower and reflect on Latina issues as well as mentor those facing adversity and discrimination. All who are interested in participating in the event should contact Patricia Cerda-Lizarraga for any additional questions. This is a drop-in event that welcomes graduates and undergraduates to attend.

Symphonic Band Performance, Kimball Recital Hall, 7:30 p.m.

Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity will perform in a concert inside Kimball Recital Hall as part of the National Intercollegiate Band Commissioning Program. General admission is $5, and student and senior tickets are $3.

Wednesday, Dec. 11

Friends4Lunch at The Chocolate Season, The Chocolate Season, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The Chocolate Season is hosting a lunchtime event at their Williamsburg Village storefront to all Christmas fanatics. Come experience all the drinks, sweets and light-lunch options that the store has to offer while sporting your favorite ugly Christmas sweater. RSVPs are encouraged but not an obligation.

Womanish Girl, The Zoo Bar, 6 p.m.

The Kansas City blues-rock duo Womanish Girl is set to take the stage at The Zoo Bar. The duo applies years of experience to their performing, writing and touring. With no admission fee, the event is free and open to those 21 years old or older.

Thursday, Dec. 12

Look at Lunchtime: Joyce Pensato, Sheldon Museum of Art, 12:15 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.

For 15 minutes, Melissa Yuen, Sheldon’s associate curator of exhibitions, will curate a dialogue about “Mr. MotoMickey,” a piece done by Joyce Pensato. This dialogue is part of the Sheldon’s exhibition “In Conversation: Black.”

Crobot, ‘68, Saints of Lust, Bourbon Theatre, 7 p.m.

Three bands will take the stage at the Bourbon Theatre: Crobot, ‘68 and Saints of Lust. Doors will open for the performance at 7 p.m., while music will begin at 8 p.m. The event is open to all ages. Ticketing prices start at $15 for advance tickets and $18 for the day of the show. Minors will pay an additional $2.

Friday, Dec. 13

Pitch Please Fall Show, Nebraska Union Auditorium, 7 p.m.

The co-ed acapella group Pitch Please will perform in the Nebraska Union Auditorium in celebration of the end of the semester. All are welcome to come and hear some of the group’s newest pieces. General admission for the event is $5, and student tickets are $3.

The Dead South with Legendary Shack Shakers, The Royal Grove, 6 p.m.

Folk and bluegrass crew The Dead South is stopping by The Royal Grove to shred the strings of mandolins, cellos and guitars. Joining them will be the blues roots punk band Legendary Shack Shakers. Doors open at 6 p.m,  and tickets can be secured for $22 before the show and $26 the day of.

Saturday, Dec. 14

Breakfast with Santa, Candy Factory Atrium, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.

As part of Holidays in the Haymarket, Santa Claus will make an appearance in the Candy Factory Atrium to visit and take pictures with children and families of all ages. A breakfast made by Lazlo’s will be served to visitors, and hot chocolate and coffee will be provided by The Mill Coffee & Tea. Pianist Dorothy Applebee and Shades the Clown will also be in attendance. The event will cost $6 a person and is free to ages 3 and under.

Christmas in Wonderland, The Rabbit Hole Bakery, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

The Rabbit Hole Bakery invites all Lincoln natives to a family-friendly event of cookie decorations and warm, festive drinks. All are welcome to decorate two cookies with assorted cookie toppings provided and purchase a hot chocolate or cider for $5.

Sunday, Dec. 15

Holiday Harvest Farmers Market, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The holiday version of a Lincoln favorite event will take place at 2608 Park Blvd. and feature a variety of local food and late-season produce from farmers in the surrounding area. The event will also showcase music from The Midnight Wanderers, Root Marm Chicken Farm Jug Band and Frailin’ Hearts.

Big Red Singers Performance, Kimball Recital Hall 7:30 p.m.

UNL’s co-ed show choir group, Big Red Singers, is set to perform a choreographed song and dance show inside Kimball Recital Hall for their end of year showcase. The group commonly sings Broadway specials as well as classic tunes and pop music. The event will cost $5 for general admission and $3 for students.