Weekly Events

Thursday, Aug. 27

East Campus Welcome, East Campus Mall, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Come to East Campus and learn about the many agricultural clubs and student organizations it provides. Students will also learn about East Campus itself and what types of classes it provides. 

Friday, Aug. 28

Friday Afternoon Plant Sales, UNL East Campus Greenhouse, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.

The East Campus Greenhouse is hosting its recurring plant sale on Friday afternoon. Trees, shrubs, grasses and perennials will be on sale in this socially distanced, mask-mandated sale. 

The Wildwoods at Junto Wine, Junto Wine, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Looking to satisfy a craving for drinks and live music? Junto Wine has the fix and is offering a selection of live folk music played by The Wildwoods, a Lincoln band, in the midst of its winery located 20 minutes west of downtown Lincoln.

Saturday, Aug. 29

SUP Yoga by Road to Om Yoga Studios, Wagon Train Lake, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Join Road to Om Yoga Studios for another exciting morning of yoga and paddleboarding in the tranquil environment of Wagon Train Lake. The first hour will be a series of poses on top of the paddle boards, and the rest of the time will be set aside for free paddling. Snacks and drinks will be provided as well as equipment. Pre registration is required at Roadtoom.com

RecFest, 14th & Avery Outdoor Complex, 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Students can interact with a variety of new people through various recreational activities. From basketball to dodgeball and so much more, the event promises a welcoming experience for all participants.

Sunday, Aug. 30

Femme Skate Night,The Bay, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Enjoy an evening of community and acceptance in a skate night welcoming female, non-binary, transgender and gender-nonconforming skaters of all experience and abilities. Entry fee is $5. Twelve and under skate time will be from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., and all ages will be able to skate from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. 

OASIS Kick-Off, Nebraska Union Plaza, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.

The Office of Academic Success and Intercultural Services will be hosting a kick-off event, complete with a “cultural performance” and treats. In case of rain, the event will be held in the Union Centennial Ballroom.