Kali Dubas, Sarah Barger and Lyndsey Kasl

Kali Dubas, Sarah Barger and Lyndsey Kasl pose for a photo in downtown Lincoln on Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

The summer sun may still be shining, but the breeze is making its way into fall, introducing a new season of fresh finds. Fashion has become a big part of what makes up someone’s personality. It can help people hide parts that they don’t want to be seen or help them express who they truly are.  

Every woman has a different opinion on what is considered “fall fashion,” and what seems to be on-trend for one person can be considered off-trend for another. Four different women who attend the University of Nebraska-Lincoln gave their input on what “fall fashion” means to them, and what they are inspired by when making their personal fashion choices. 

Kali Dubas

Kali Dubas poses for a portrait in her fall fashion outfit on Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska. Dubas is a junior advertising and public relations major.

Kali Dubas 2

A closeup of Kali Dubas' Nike shoes as part of her fall fashion look as pictured on Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

“For the shoot, I picked clothing that spoke the most to my specific style while still represented ‘fall fashion’ in my eyes. I feel like jeans and a furry coat are what represent fall to me.Top trends right now I would say are baggy or straight-legged jeans, fur coats, cropped sweaters and any kind of ‘dad’ style of shoe. The chunky/retro shoes are in now, and I think that will continue to carry into this upcoming fall season.”

Kali Dubas, junior advertising and public relations major 

Lyndsey Kasl

Lyndsey Kasl poses for a portrait in her fall fashion outfit on Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska. Kasl is a senior psychology major.

Lyndsey Kasl 2

“I chose the outfit I did because when I think of “fall fashion" it reminds me of warm colors, sweaters, beanies and boots. I thought this outfit was a classic and comfy representation of what I’d wear to class or out with friends on a chilly October day. I used to worry a lot more about what I wore and how I looked, but now I focus on wearing what I feel comfortable and confident in.”

Lyndsey Kasl, senior psychology major

Sarah Barger

Sarah Barger poses for a portrait in her fall fashion outfit on Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska. Barger is a junior elementary education major.

“My outfit is fall fashion to me because it is full length, but not too heavy. I added in the shades because I love a good pair of sunglasses to spice up a casual outfit.”

Sarah Barger, junior elementary education major

Maddie Keith

Maddie Keith poses for a portrait in her fall outfit outside the Sheldon Museum of Art on Monday, Oct. 7, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska. Keith is a senior journalism major.

Maddie Keith's 3

A closeup detail of Maddie Keith's jacket and purse as part of her fall fashion look as pictured outside the Sheldon Museum of Art on Monday, Oct. 7, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Maddie Keith 2

Maddie Keith's booties complement the rest of her fall outfit outside the Sheldon Museum of Art on Monday, Oct. 7, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

“As far as fall fashion specifically, I focus on warmth and comfort. I’m always cold so I like to layer up a lot which is just an excuse to wear more pieces at the same time. I chose to wear a teddy bear coat because it’s like wearing a blanket all of the time.”

Maddie Keith, senior journalism major