skincare

When winter comes, so does dry skin. Not only can skin get dry, but it can also become dull and blemish-prone, so it is crucial for you to take good care of your skin, especially in the coldest months of the year.

Good skin starts from the inside, so first make sure you’re drinking lots of water and eating right. Sometimes we need a little outside help from the best skin care products. Here are my top five favorite products that have helped my skin stay hydrated and kept it from breaking out.

5.) Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

The best piece of advice I have ever received was to never go to sleep with your makeup on. Doing so will clog your pores, making your skin prone to blemishes and breakouts. When you get home from a night out, you need to get your makeup off in a fast and efficient way, and these Neutrogena makeup wipes are perfect for it. You can find these in any supermarket that sells beauty products.  

4.) Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

Contrary to popular belief, just using a makeup wipe won’t take all your makeup off. To be on the safe side, after using the makeup wipes, wash your face with this cleanser and warm water. This cleanser is a jelly cleanser, so it has a smooth and refreshing texture that will leave your skin clean and hydrated. Glossier products are only sold online, but their strength and super cute packaging — with custom stickers and graphics — make it worth the wait.

3.) Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel

This is a rosewater witch hazel extract toner that helps balance your skin's pH and makes it glow. This can also help you with breakouts, which is what I use it for. Just pour a little bit of the solution on a cotton pad and apply to dry, clean skin. This product is available at Target and Walgreens, as well as other major stores. Witch hazel made a huge difference for my skin and is personally one of my favorites.

2.)  Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Hydrating Face Moisturizer‎

I, like most people, struggle with dry skin in the winter, but this moisturizer changed that for me. The skin instantly absorbs the water gel and becomes hydrated instantly, making you see nearly immediate results. Also, the fact that it is water-based makes it spread easily and a little goes a long way, resulting in a long-lasting product that will help your bank account as well. Find this right next to other Neutrogena products in stores.

1.) Vaseline

I know this one might sound a little weird, but Vaseline is my all-time favorite and is a must-have beauty product. Most people think of Vaseline as a product just for use on chapped lips — and it is the holy grail of lip balms — but there are also other uses when it comes to beauty. For example, if you put it on your eyelashes or eyebrows right before bed every night, it will actually help the hairs grow longer and thicker. Find this product at almost any drugstore or grocery store.