Stores with big discounts, best deals to check out on Black Friday

As a self-proclaimed shopaholic, my favorite day of the year isn’t Thanksgiving, Christmas or the Fourth of July; it’s Black Friday. Designer brands are on sale, clothes are half-price and everything that seemed too expensive before finally feels attainable.

Going through every sale advertisement email to find the best deals can be time-consuming, especially when holiday celebrations tend to take up most of your days. When looking for a good deal on fashion pieces, whether it’s a sweater or a designer bag, here are some stores with the best deals, in no particular order.

1.) Kohl’s

Even though Kohl’s seems to have sales going on a lot, its Black Friday deals will basically give you clothes for free, and the prices are hard to beat. Whether it’s Nike leggings, Levi jeans or designer perfume, Kohl’s will have deals you can’t pass up. A great feature of this store is that it has a wide variety of products. Whether you come in with a specific shopping list or just go in to browse, you will find something you did not know you needed — for an affordable price, at that.

2.) Old Navy

Old Navy has all your basic fashion necessities. From jeans that fit just right to the perfect striped v-neck, Old Navy has it and at a great price this Black Friday. The 50 percent-off sale they are offering Nov. 22-23, will make this store your go-to stop for timeless and classic pieces for your closet.

3.) Payless

No matter if you want new boots, heels or tennis shoes, Payless should be your first stop for all your shoe needs. On Friday, the store is offering 50 percent off all styles. The store is even doing a pre-Black Friday sale with 40 percent off the entire store Nov. 19-21. If you want to shop for new shoes now through Friday, Payless will have what you need at an unbeatable price.

4.) Dick’s Sporting Goods

While buying designer brands half off is great, so is getting athleisure for an affordable price on Black Friday. You can find up to 25 percent-off discounts on brands like Nike, Adidas and The North Face. Various sale items at Dick’s Sporting Goods include shoes, sweatshirts and workout leggings. You can also find discounts on outerwear like coats, making the brisk Nebraska weather more bearable without hurting your wallet this holiday season.

5.) Dillard’s

As well as being one of the biggest department stores in the U.S., Dillard’s also has some of the biggest deals this Black Friday. The store is offering up to 65 percent off select styles of its huge selection of designer bags, coats and jewelry, which will make finding presents for your family and friends this holiday season convenient and cheap. And with Dillard’s unbeatable designer deals, maybe that Michael Kors winter coat you have been eyeing will make it into your cart, too.