With the first full month of the semester coming to an end, the Lied Center for Performing Arts is preparing for a new slate of exciting shows coming to its stages.

From hilarious stand-up comedy, to admired musicians and one of the most iconic musicals of all time, here are five shows to watch out for in October.

Brooklyn Rider

Oct. 3, 7:30 p.m., Kimball Hall

Brooklyn Rider

What it is: A concert featuring world-famous string quartet Brooklyn Rider, a Brooklyn-based group with violinists Johnny Gandelsman and Colin Jacobsen, violist Nicholas Cords and cellist Michael Nicolas.

Why you should go: The esteemed quartet is known for its diverse musical repertoire covering classical, contemporary and rock pieces. It has collaborated with artists such as Sting, Elvis Costello and Béla Fleck. The group will join with pianist Paul Barnes for this performance.

Fun fact: Brooklyn Rider is the first and only classical group to have performed at the SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas, as they played at the festival in 2010.

To purchase a ticket, click here.

Tom Segura: “Take It Down” Tour

Oct. 9, 8 p.m., Lied Center Main Stage

Tom Segura

What it is: A stand-up comedy show by Tom Segura, who has recorded two comedy albums and three Netflix stand-up specials.

Why you should go: Segura is one of the fastest-rising names in the comedy world. He is a regular attraction at some of the top comedy festivals, including The Melbourne International Comedy Festival, The South Beach Comedy Festival and Montreal’s Just for Laughs Comedy Festival. He has also appeared on “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast and “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”

Fun fact: Segura is also recognizable from feature films, as he acted in 2018’s “Instant Family” alongside Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne.

To purchase a ticket, click here.

The Texas Tenors

Oct. 13, 4 p.m., Lied Center Main Stage

Texas Tenors

What it is: A concert by three-time Emmy Award-winning vocal group The Texas Tenors, who sing music from a wide variety of genres, including Broadway, gospel and country.

Why you should go: The tenors placed fourth in the fourth season of “America’s Got Talent” in 2009, becoming the highest-ranking vocal group in the show’s history. They have recorded five studio albums and three live albums.

Fun fact: The trio returned to its television roots in 2019, competing on “America’s Got Talent: The Champions.”

To purchase tickets, click here.

Stefon Harris and Blackout

Oct. 18, 7:30 p.m., Rococo Theatre

Stefon Harris

What it is: A jazz concert by American vibraphonist Stefon Harris and his band Blackout.

Why you should go: Harris, one of the most prominent names in modern jazz, is also a highly-regarded educator, music developer and corporate leadership presenter. Harris has been active in the jazz community since the 1990s, and he has been featured as a leader, co-leader or sideman in over 25 albums.

Fun fact: Harris’ TED talk, “There are no mistakes on the bandstand,” has received over 100,000 views on YouTube to date.

To purchase tickets, click here.

“The Phantom of the Opera”

Oct. 23 to Nov. 3, Lied Center Main Stage

Phantom of the Opera

What it is: A fifteen-performance run of one of the most recognizable and well-regarded musicals of all time “The Phantom of the Opera.” The musical tells the story of a young soprano prodigy who catches the eye of a twisted musical genius living underneath the Paris Opera House.

Why you should go: “The Phantom of the Opera” won the 1986 Olivier and 1988 Tony awards for Best Musical. It is the longest-running show in Broadway history, having been staged over 13,000 times, and has an estimated worldwide gross of around $6 billion. This production by iconic theatrical producer Cameron Mackintosh features entirely different design and staging from the original production, over 1,200 costume pieces and a one-ton chandelier equipped with pyrotechnics, lightning and fog.

Fun fact: The musical, with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and book by Richard Stilgoe and Lloyd Webber, is based on the 1910 French novel of the same name by Gaston Leroux.

To purchase tickets, click here.