FREAKABOUT

Cortney Kirby, the frontwoman of FREAKABOUT, sings at Duffy's Tavern during Lincoln Calling on Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018 in Lincoln, Nebraska.

This year, Lincoln Exposed is rearing to give Valentine's Day weekend a raucous makeover with dozens of local bands performing between Wednesday, Feb. 12, and Saturday, Feb. 15. This year marks the 15th anniversary of the festival that combines Lincoln’s nightlife with the community of artists that grace the humble streets of Nebraska’s capital. 

15 years ago, Lincoln Exposed began with a little more than 20 bands and a singular venue. Now with over 100 different performances and 5 separate venues, the festival has evolved into the gargantuan event it is today.

The massive spread of bands performing are packed into five venues: Duffy’s Tavern, Zoo Bar, 1867 Bar, Bodega’s Alley and The Bourbon Theatre. All venues are restricted to those above 21, except for The Bourbon, which is 18+.

From Wednesday evening to the wee hours of Sunday morning, Lincoln will be a hub of various sights, sounds and musical genres. From psychedelic rock to bluegrass twang, Lincoln Exposed remains an opportunity for all music lovers to support local artists. 

This year features a familiar mix of music scene veterans like “FREAKABOUT” and “Stonebelly” appearing alongside anticipated soft pop/rock newcomers “Peachie” and angst-ridden rockers “Histrionic.” 

Day passes are available for $8 on Wednesday and Thursday or $10 for Friday and Saturday. More information and the full schedule are available at the Lincoln Exposed Facebook page.

Lincoln has cultivated for itself a flourishing music scene with a myriad of different performers to supplement any number of musical tastes. Lincoln Exposed gives Lincolnites the opportunity to soak up the lively culture of Nebraska’s capital while also substantiating the community that fuels the complex machine of the Lincoln music scene.