Lee Fields

Local music and arts festival Lincoln Calling announced Wednesday the first wave of the 2019 lineup, including headliners Lee Fields & The Expressions, Soccer Mommy, TT the Artist, Charly Bliss and Taylor McFerrin.

Funk and blues artist Lee Fields began his career in 1969 when he released “Bewildered” with B-side “Tell Her I Love Her.” He released his debut album “Let’s Talk it Over” in 1979. Since his debut, Fields has toured with other soul artists like Sammy Gordon, Kool and the Gang and Little Royal. Lee Fields & The Expressions’ latest release was in April with the 10-track album, “It Rains Love.”

Also known as Sophie Allison, Soccer Mommy is a lo-fi pop rock artist with three full-length records under the monacure. Her latest and first studio album, “Clean,” was released under Fat Possum Records in 2018. The Nashville-based performer has toured with artists like Mitski, Kacey Musgraves and last summer, Allison joined Paramore and Foster the People on their 2018 North American Tour.

Tedra Wilson, also known by her stage name TT the Artist, is a visual artist as well as a rapper, singer and producer from Baltimore. Wilson’s latest release was her single “Diamonds” in April.

Power pop band Charly Bliss, a four-piece from Brooklyn that’s set to release an upcoming record “Young Enough” on May 10, will also headline the four-day festival alongside another Brooklyn-based act, producer and singer-songwriter Taylor McFerrin.

Local acts for the festival include soulful R&B songstress Mesonjixx, funk rock band A Ferocious Jungle Cat, new wave band Thick Paint, indie pop band Talent Show and progressive punk band Bogusman.

The 16-annual music and arts festival will take place on Sept. 18-22, and tickets are on presale now.