Beijing

The Lied Center for Performing Arts will provide students with an opportunity to experience authentic Chinese culture in Lincoln. On Oct. 12, at 7:30 p.m., the Lied Center will host “A Night of Chinese Arts” performed by internationally touring professionals. 

The event will contain excerpts of Beijing Opera, folk songs, dance and traditional Chinese instrumental music. Tickets are required for admission into the event and more information on the prices and seating options can be found here. The Lied Center offers half-price tickets to all students with an NCard. 

“A Night of Chinese Arts” was made possible because of the partnership between the National Academy of Chinese Theatre Arts in Beijing, Binghamton University in New York and the  Confucius Institute at University of Nebraska-Lincoln. 

Casey Allen, a senior music education major and the campus engagement intern at the Lied Center, explained the venue is well known for bringing in some of the best artists in the world, and this event will reinforce that idea. 

“I'm excited to have another world-class artist on the Lied Center stage,” Allen said.

According to Allen, this event will allow students to take a break from studying and experience a different culture. Allen said the show would be a great opportunity to open their perspective to other styles of art. 

“Students will gain cultural experiences, find another way to connect to campus and the globe and will experience an incredible night of art.”