Culture Sig

Stand-up comedian Lewis Black will perform at the Lied Center for Performing Arts on Sept. 20 at 8 p.m., after extending his “The Joke’s On Us” tour.

Tickets go on-sale this Friday, June 7, at 11 a.m. Early access tickets for the first ten rows are available to fans who sign up for Lewis’ fan club on his official website, early access begins Monday, June 3, at 10 a.m.

Tickets start at $39.50 and will be available on the Lied Center’s website, by phone or at the Lied Center box office. Additionally, tickets are available on Lewis Black’s website. Tickets are $25 for students.

Lewis Black, a stand-up comedian, actor and author, made appearances on The Daily Show in 1996, which led to his comedy specials on HBO, Comedy Central, Showtime and Epix. He won Best Male Stand-Up at the 2001 American Comedy Awards. Black has released eight comedy albums, including the “The Carnegie Hall Performance,” which won the 2007 Grammy Award. Black also won another Grammy Award for his album “Stark Raving Black.” He has published three books: “Nothing’s Sacred” in 2005, “Me of Little Faith” in 2008 and “I’m Dreaming of a Black Christmas” in 2010. In 2012, Black performed eight sell-out shows on Broadway as well as filmed one of his two HBO Specials “Black on Broadway.” In 2015, Black additionally voiced the character “Anger” in “Inside Out.”

At the end of each stand up performance, Black performs a live streaming show called “The Rant is Due,” which is written by the audience.