food

There is no shortage of delicious places to eat in Lincoln, but it seems like another one pops up every month. Within the past year, Lincoln has become home to dozens of vibrant new restaurants. Until I get the chance to review these restaurants, take a look at the menus of a few of these hot spots I want to check out and try them out for yourselves.

Hearty Meals:

Aroma Indian Cuisine - 114 S. 14th St.

Open from 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Aroma serves everything Indian and Nepali from brunch to a late-night bite. Along with visiting their location on 14th Street, you can order online and over the phone to be delivered or carried out.

Mi Tierra Family Mexican Restaurant - 5500 Old Cheney Road #4

Serving all things Mexican, satisfy those burrito cravings at Mi Tierra Family Mexican Restaurant. This location opened in February on Old Cheney Road and is the perfect place for a family night out.

Sparta Bar and Grill - 6940 A St.

With games, food and good company, it’s bound to be a fun night. Since their grand opening in May, Sparta Bar and Grill has been a Lincoln game night hub. Head over to A Street if you want to have some friendly competition over a game of cards while eating some American bar food. Make sure to stop by once football season rolls around too.

Sweets and Treats:

ChezSoDo; 440 S. 11th St.

If you’re on the run but not in the mood for a typical chain restaurant, make your way over to 11th Street. Associated with the Chez Hay team, this lunch café is a favorite spot of many due to their rotating menu and ready-to-go sweets.

Freezing Thai Rolled Ice Cream - 210 N. 14th St. #6

Replacing the frozen yogurt stop, Drift, across from Raising Cane’s on 14th Street, Freezing Thai Rolled Ice Cream stepped in and brought the newest trend to Lincoln. Check it out if you are looking to spice up your regular vanilla cone.

Coming Soon:

Fresh Healthy Café - 144 N. 13th St.

Coming this fall, the Fresh Healthy Café will be located on South 13th St. Paninis, smoothies and acai bowls are just a few of the items that are on the menu. This will be the first Fresh Healthy Café location in Nebraska.