10 things

Samantha Lyons models her outfit in the Haymarket District on Sept. 19, 2018, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Everyone has encountered the problem of a closet full of clothes with nothing to wear. Not only is this extremely frustrating, but it also makes me feel like I need to go out and spend money on clothes I may only wear once.

But if you have these 10 minimalistic but versatile items in your wardrobe, getting dressed in the morning will be so much easier. All of these pieces could be added to an already-styled outfit to take it to the next level, or some can be worn together to make a polished outfit.

Here are 10 items that should be in every woman’s closet to make getting dressed each day less frustrating.

1. A denim jacket

A jean jacket can be the perfect fix when it’s chilly outside and you need layers, or if you want your outfit to be more casual. Whatever the case may be, a jean jacket can fix and complete almost any outfit you have.

2. A plain white T-shirt

You can wear this night or day, winter or summer, rain or shine, and it will always fit with your outfit. You can wear it alone with jeans, layered under a jacket or under a slip dress –– it will always look chic. A plain white tee is the gift that keeps on giving.

3. Sneakers

We’ve seen sneakers become popular over the last couple years. Not that they weren’t always a staple in people’s closets, but designers have recently been pushing the envelope with colors and styles for sneakers that we haven’t seen before. Whether it be the Adidas Superstar, the Steve Madden ECNTRCQT or even the popular Yeezys, they are an easy way to make your outfit look effortless and on-trend.

4. Comfortable heels

We have all attended a wedding, dance or even a business casual event where heels are expected. The worst is when you can feel your feet blistering on the dance floor and can’t take your shoes off, even though that’s all you want to do. Heels will be needed at certain points of your life, and having a pair that don’t kill your feet is crucial.

5. A black blazer

When you have a job interview or work in a professional setting, a blazer can be imperative to your outfit. A good quality black blazer can make a casual outfit turn into business attire when we need it the most.

6. A pair of jeans that fit just right

Jeans seem to be one of the most common pieces of clothing people wear on a day-to-day basis and go with any top you have. Having jeans that fit you perfectly will tie your outfit together and also give you an extra boost of confidence that everyone needs from time to time.

7. A little black dress

This is another vital piece that can be dressed up or dressed down and give you an effortless glow. A little black dress can be worn to any occasion –– it isn’t called a classic clothing item for nothing.

8. The purse that goes with everything

No one wants to change out their purse every day just because it doesn’t go with one article of clothing. It’s important and convenient to have a purse that goes with several colors, patterns and styles so you can grab it and go on the busiest of days.

9. Go-to sunnies

I firmly believe the perfect pair of sunglasses is the best way to make an outfit go from boring to chic in a heartbeat. I have an array of sunglasses, but I definitely have my go-to pair that works with most of my clothes and elevates my outfit. Plus, eye protection is important.

10. A quality belt

A belt can give your outfit that polished look you want, but it's also an accessory you can have fun with. Statement belts, like the Gucci Belt, are super popular and can give your outfit the perfect balance of effort and ease you want. They also keep your pants up, which is always a plus.