Delivery options to satisfy your late-night cravings

It’s a predicament most students are too familiar with: the night’s workload has extended past what it was originally slated to be, and you find yourself stuck with a rumble in your belly. The dining halls are far past closing time, and your supply of Pop-Tarts has startlingly been depleted. After a long day of traversing campus, stepping out into the cold might as well be a death sentence. You’re faced with two options: starve or order delivery. Luckily, Lincoln hosts a number of delicious food options that will bring treats right to your front door.

1. Toppers Pizza

A true, late-night staple, Toppers Pizza makes and delivers a variety of pizzas, quesadillas, wings, mac and cheese and desserts. Just about anything you might be craving late at night, they’re guaranteed to have it and will deliver it until 3 a.m. Toppers’ signature, cheese-smothered Topperstix make for a good choice if you’re looking for quality breadsticks, and they can even serve them up nacho-style — drizzled with ground beef, jalapenos and nacho cheese.

2. Calios Calzones

The self-proclaimed “King of Late Night Delivery,” Calios specializes in slinging calzones from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. everyday. Much of Calios’ menu is made up of a hugely diverse selection of calzones, sometimes filled with wacky options like eggplant or mac and cheese. They even feature dessert calzones crammed with cookies and cream or cheesecake that will undoubtedly satisfy your sweet tooth.

3. Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe

This restaurant features a little something for everyone, including sandwiches, soups, salads and even pizzas. Pickleman’s soups make for an effective way to warm up, especially when you don’t even have to leave to get one. Anything from this gourmet cafe can be delivered late into the night, with the store closing at 2 a.m. on weekdays and 3 a.m. on the weekends.

4. Jimmy John’s

Known for being freaky fast, Jimmy John’s has built its reputation on its delivery speed. If you’re on the cusp of starvation, skip the ambulance — Jimmy John’s will bring you a remedy in a similar time frame without the hospital bill. Its vast selection of customizable sandwiches is accompanied by an assortment of chips, cookies and world-class pickles. The sandwich assembly goes until 2 a.m., making it a great option for a late-night carb fix.

5. Ichiban Sichuan

If that yearn for chow demands something more noodle-based, Ichiban Sichuan has you covered. Its tasty Chinese can be delivered until 9:45 p.m. on weekdays and 10:15 p.m. on weekends. You can have it all brought right to you without leaving the house, whether you’re craving a few dumplings or a hot and sour pork intestine.

6. Grubhub or DoorDash

Thanks to the unstoppable power of the modern Internet, online food services like Grubhub and Doordash make delivery options almost limitless. The apps employ drivers who order and deliver the food to you, making it possible to snag a good meal from just about any place you can think of. Anything from your local favorites to Chuck E. Cheese’s pizza can be delivered, as long as the restaurant is open.