On two nights in April, Beatles fans will have the chance to experience what it would have been like to see John, Paul, Ringo and George

The Beatles broke up in 1970, but that hasn’t stopped millions of listeners from enjoying the Fab Four’s music nearly 50 years later.

On two nights in April, Beatles fans will have the chance to experience what it would have been like to see John, Paul, Ringo and George live in the 1960s. “RAIN: A Tribute to the The Beatles” will come together at the Lied Center for Performing Arts on April 2-3.

The tribute band has been seen by 1.9 million fans since its beginnings in 1975, according to a press release. Past tours have taken audiences through The Beatles’ catalogue, complete with costume changes — from the dapper, black-tie attire of the band’s early pop days to the flamboyant flower patterns of its psychedelic period.

The band’s current tour will celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ penultimate LP, the critically heralded “Abbey Road.”

None of the songs on “Abbey Road” were ever performed live by The Beatles, as they quit touring in 1966, before other classics like “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and “The White Album” were released. That meant a significant chunk of the band’s most sophisticated songwriting never touched a stage.

It’s RAIN’s mission to change that. It’s goal, according to the press release, is “to do songs that The Beatles had never performed live, and do them note-for-note, just like the records.”

There are now more than 200 Beatles songs in RAIN’s arsenal, stretching from “A Hard Day’s Night” to “Helter Skelter.”

Tickets to RAIN’s performances at the Lied Center for Performing Arts start at $36, and can be purchased here or at the Lied Center box office. University of Nebraska-Lincoln students can purchase tickets for $18 with a valid NCard, and children 18 or younger are eligible for half-price tickets, too.