Nebraska vs. Rice

By no means was it Nebraska quarterback Eric Crouch's finest day as a Husker. However, it was a day of great achievement. Crouch picked up 220 total yards of offense on Saturday, helping him to 5,510 yards in his career and surpassing Tommie Frazier's past school record of 5,476."In looking at it, it's something that's kind of amazing to me," Crouch said. "I would have never expected myself to do something like that, but I can't credit anything that I've done. I got to credit everyone around me for helping me."It was a banner first day on the job day for sophomore punter Kyle Larson. Larson, who is from Funk, had four punts for an average of 46.8 yards with a long of 56. Perhaps Larson's best punt was a second-quarter 40-yard gem that pinned Texas Christian on their 1-yard line.Concern arose in Memorial Stadium with 5:02 left in the fourth quarter when TCU junior defensive tackle John Turntine was injured. After roughly ten minutes of medical assistance, Turntine was wheeled off on a gurney.Fortunately, Turntine had movement in his limbs the entire time and was present on the flight back to Fort Worth, Texas. "We're hoping this might just be a concussion," TCU Coach Gary Patterson said.TCU lost sophomore defensive end Bo Schobel for the season when he suffered an anterior cruciate injury.For the official scoreboard: Thunder Collins had 71 yards on 13 carries with a long run of 26 yards and two touchdowns.Three true freshmen played for Nebraska. Rover Philip Bland, wingback Mike Stuntz and middle linebacker Barrett Ruud all saw action. Ruud, a Lincoln Southeast graduate, was especially impressive, recording five tackles on the day.Crouch and TCU's freshman safety Marvin Godbolt were named the most valuable players of the game. Godbolt made his debut with five tackles for 37 yards lost.