From punk to Americana to blues, The Zoo Bar had a diverse number of acts for the second night of Lincoln Exposed.

Domestica, 9 p.m.

Domestica

Jon Taylor of Domestica sings during Lincoln Exposed at the Zoo Bar on Feb. 8, 2018.

Punk band Domestica was the first group I saw on the Zoo Bar stage. The first thing someone will notice about Domestica is that they are loud, very loud. But the second thing someone will notice about Domestica is that they are very good too. They play a no frills style of punk rock, no gimmicks, just pure rock and roll.

Bassist Heidi Ore is a vocal powerhouse, making every song she’s singing lead vocals in instantly memorable. I loved when her and guitarist John Taylor sang in tandem, their voices have a ton of chemistry together and it was really fun to watch.

The band’s witty banter was also a highlight. The group joked around throughout their 40 minute set and were all genuinely really funny. My favorite joke was when Taylor called the next song “Lady Doritos” and drummer Pawl Tisdale yelled “finally a song for women,” referencing the marketing snafu from Doritos earlier in the week.

Domestica’s crowd grew throughout their set, and the band ended up packing the Zoo Bar by the end of it. People were jumping around to the band’s sunny punk songs and the band fed off that energy. Domestica is the type of fun that I could never get tired of seeing, loud, fast and fun.

The Wildwoods, 10 p.m.

The Wildwoods

Noah Gose sings and plays guitar with The Wildwoods for Lincoln Exposed at the Zoo Bar on Feb. 8, 2018.

Up next on the complete opposite spectrum of musicality was Americana group The Wildwoods. As big of a departure from Domestica as someone could get, showing that Lincoln Exposed is always full of booking surprises.

The Wildwoods were excellent performers, with vocalists Chole Pinkman and Noah Gose leading the charge. Their on-stage chemistry is undeniable and their voices mix in a very pleasing fashion. The band’s brand of rootsy indie-folk is very soothing and soft, it’s the type of music you imagine sitting on a porch listening to all summer long.

I’ve seen The Wildwoods both as just a duo with Pinkman and Gose and as a full band and the full band is really starting to come into their own. They provide a richer, fuller texture to the group’s songs. Noah Pinkman’s soling really stood out, the dude is really talented at guitar and isn’t after to show it off.

The Wildwoods also played a song in which usual bassist Andrew Vaggalis took over lead vocals. I haven’t seen The Wildwoods play a song without lead vocals from Pinkman and Gose, showing the group still has some new tricks up their sleeve. I loved the risk-tasking and I hope to see more of it from The Wildwoods in the future.

Tim Budig Band, 11 p.m.

Closing out the second night of Lincoln Exposed at the Zoo Bar was blues group, the Tim Budig Band. While many of the previous acts at the Zoo Bar that night weren’t blues, this group was classic Zoo Bar blues and the crowd really reacted positively to it.

From the get go, the band made their intentions known. “We got songs about smoking, we got songs about drinking,” bandleader Tim Budig said. The audience loved it, with many in the front crowd dancing along to Budig singing about getting too drunk and getting too high.

While Budig was the obvious star, he just personified charisma on stage, the rest of his band weren’t pushovers either. I really enjoyed Jeremiah Weir on the keyboards. His wild playing and intense solos were some of the best moments of the whole festival. It brought a funky edge to the blues Tim Budig Band excelled in.

Tim Budig Band was a nice reminder that blues is probably still best heard in the Zoo Bar, at least in Lincoln, and it was good to see that shown through the diverse lineup of Lincoln Exposed.