Michael Bublé to come to Lincoln

Move over, Omaha. Lincoln is becoming the new hotspot for everything entertainment.

Between the local music scene and the addition of a new arena, it looks like Lincoln residents won’t have a problem finding something to do on the weekends.

“There’s a vast array of different things going on this year,” said Todd Ogdens, marketing director for the Downtown Lincoln Association.

O Street will be full of local artists performing at the Bourbon Theatre, The Zoo Bar and Duffy’s Tavern creating a packed lineup that will be perfect for anyone trying to become familiar with local music.

“The entertainment scene in Lincoln is rapidly changing,” said Sheana Smith, sales development manager for the Lincoln Convention and Visitors Bureau. “Every day there is something new.”

Adding to the constant change, mainstream artists are sneaking their way into Lincoln.

The opening event for the new Pinnacle Bank Arena, taking place September 13, is Michael Bublé. Other nationally known artists such as The Eagles and P!nk are making their way to the stadium, too.

“There were a lot of shows we probably missed out on by not having a venue,” Ogden said. “Now we have a top-notch venue that’s attracting the best talent in the country.”

Residents can expect more surprise concert announcements taking place at the arena later in the year. In the meantime, the Pershing Center also has an exciting lineup of events taking place this year.

Ke$ha and Mac Miller have come to the arena with strong turnouts. Later this year, acts including A Day to Remember and Justin Moore are coming to the Pershing Center, adding to the arena’s versatile lineup.

Performers are constantly being added to the lineup, and between all the different venues in Lincoln, there is a little something for everyone.