sig

Lincoln Calling, the local music festival taking over downtown Lincoln at the end of September, released its replacement act this morning after former-headliner Charles Bradley cancelled all his tour dates last week due to illness.

On Friday morning, Hear Nebraska, the Omaha-based music nonprofit which coordinates Lincoln Calling, announced Beach Fossils will be added to the lineup last minute to replace Bradley. The band is an indie pop-rock group based out of Brooklyn, New York, currently touring to promote its album “Somersault,” which they released last June.

Once the news of Bradley’s cancellation was made public, Aaron Markley, Hear Nebraska’s program manager, said  the organization reached out to different booking agencies after Bradley notified them on Sept. 5 of his inability to perform.

“We do some research, and go with who we feel is our best option.” Markley said.

Markley said Beach Fossils was able to fit into Lincoln Calling after finishing up the European leg of their tour, despite the two-week notice.

“We definitely feel like we lucked out with Beach Fossils,” Markley said.

Markley said Beach Fossils fit into the lineup best based on the festival’s aim to promote new music.

“They are a quickly rising band that we think a lot of people will be excited about,” Markley said.

Lincoln Calling will run from Sept. 28 through Sept. 30 at a number of downtown Lincoln venues.

Along with the news of Beach Fossils’ addition to the festival, Hear Nebraska also announced the official Lincoln Calling schedule for all three days, which can be found on its website.