Bourbon Theatre

Bourbon Theatre at 1415 O St. in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Justin Furstenfeld, the lead singer of Blue October, a band widely known for their platinum songs, “Hate Me” and “Into The Ocean,” will perform a solo show at the Bourbon Theatre on Tuesday, Feb. 6.

The one-man act will be titled “An Open Book” and will be a “transparent look at his life, his mistakes and his victories,” according to Ticketfly’s website. Furstenfeld has openly dealt with mental illness, specifically bipolar disorder.

Furstenfeld’s act accompanies his second solo acoustic album titled, “Open Book Winter Album.” Compared to Blue October’s alternative rock, Furstenfeld’s solo album is soft and heartwarming, with passionate builds that mimic Blue October’s.

Furstenfeld the record producer, artist, author, lead singer, guitarist and lyricist has been making and performing music since he was 13. Furstenfeld attended Houston’s prestigious High School for the Performing and Visual Arts where he created his first band, The Last Wish, which he played in until 1995.

Later in high school, Furstenfeld and friend Ryan Delahoussaye played under the band name, Harvest. The band picked up its first bassist by striking a conversation with Elizabeth Rapstein Phillips after noticing she had a drum key on her keychain. During practice, Furstenfeld’s brother, who was watching, jumped on drums for the first time in his life and stuck with it.

Just like that, Blue October was formed. Little did they know the band would take them to the top with platinum songs and sold-out venues.

Officially, Blue October formed in 1995. Over the span of the band’s career, eight other band members have performed alongside the original three bandmates.

The name, Blue October, stems from Furstenfeld’s daughter’s name, Blue, and birthday month, October. Furstenfeld has written about the custody battle for his daughter in which he lost. “Any Man in America” is dedicated to his daughter.

The Bourbon will open its doors at 7 p.m., and the show starts at 8 p.m. The show is open to all ages and is $33 with a $2 minor fee at the door.